Playmat for Playing with Pronouns
FRONT of the Playmat
for learning the Alphabet and simple Matching & Sorting
[IMAGE 1] Use the Playmat for Learning the Alphabet
Suggestions for Play...
- MATCH Pronoun Kid cards to their image on the mat in alphabetical order [IMAGE 1]
- Place SORTING CARD in a corner and turn over cards that match.
For example, placing the "Dresses & Skirts" sorting card in the purple corner and turning over all the kids who are wearing dresses or skirts. What do you notice about the pronouns?
BACK of the Playmat
for Sorting, Organizing and Memory games
[IMAGE 2] Use the Playmat for Sorting & Organizing
Suggestions for Play...
- Place SORTING CARDS along the top with kid cards underneath.
For example, placing all the Hair cards along the top and organizing the Pronoun Kids accordingly [IMAGE 2].
- PLAY Game #4 Alphabet Match as a Memory Game using the mat to easily layout the cards in rows [IMAGE 3].
[IMAGE 3] Use the Playmat for Memory Games
MAKE YOUR OWN PLAYMAT
A simple DIY version offering a high-quality, durable playmat at an affordable price.
The short version.....
- Order a yard of our Playmat fabric through Spoonflower. Trim off white edges, fold in half, tuck edges in and hem with a sewing machine. Or, use a durable tape, like colored duct tape, for an easy no-sew option.
Detailed instructions with pictures below or...
- 1 Yard of Playmat Fabric, recommend Lightweight Cotton Twill (order through Spoonflower here)
- Sewing Machine & Thread, (recommend a blue thread to match the cloth but this is up to you)
- Iron (optional)
- You can also finish edges with a colored Duct Tape
Estimated Time & Costs:
- 30 minutes - 1 hour
- around $30-$32
Order 1 yard of our Playmat Fabric via Spoonflower
We recommend choosing the "Lightweight Cotton Twill" fabric but you can choose any fabric that is 58" in width. Make sure to select 'Yard 58"x 36"' as the size - 1 yard will make 1 playmat. Then add to cart to complete your purchase.
If necessary, iron the playmat before sewing to remove any wrinkles from the shipping process.
Use a standard setting for cotton and cover playmat fabric with a light cloth before ironing; also avoid spraying fabric with a water bottle.
Trim any white edges from fabric.
Edges should all be blue.
Fold the playmat in half at the light black line in the center of the playmat.
You may notice that due to the nature of cloth, the edges may not completely line up, this can be adjusted for when sewing.
Fold edges in about quarter to half inch and hem with sewing machine.
Double-check as you go that you are not getting too close to any of the playmat circles on the front or back.
Finished dimensions of playmat will be about 28 x 34 inches.
You can also finish edges with a colored Duct Tape
Note that if you finish with duct tape, you may want to handwash and lay flat to dry if you need to clean the playmat.